Monday, July 18, 2011

Its been a long time

So I haven't written in here for a long time and part of it is because I just didn't have anything worthwhile to share.  But I'm coming to the realization that by trying to make it worthwhile to potential readers, this blog has lost complete meaning to me.  So, here is my resolution:  I will write for me and hope others find it interesting.  If not, then maybe my kids will one day find it embarassing:)

Almost two weeks ago now, we came home from our very first family vacation.  I should specify that it was out of town family vacation.  Actually we went to Disney World.  And you know what?  It was amazing.  Going into this trip I had absolutely no idea of what to expect but evertime we turned a corner, we were surprised and pleased.  Take the accessiblity:  we stayed onsite at one of the resorts (Port Orleans French Quarter) and it was very nice.  Each room had its own door from outside and we had a view to a wonderful little garden.  Very peaceful.  There was one bus stop and every ten minutes or so a bus for a different park would arrive to pick people up.  As we have a wheelchair, we were the first on the bus.  It was actually kind of funny because at first I didn't realize that being loaded on first was the way it would work.  I was apologizing to people because we were getting on the bus before them but my husband finally said "stop - look at the sign.  It says wheelchair access first...".   

Once inside the park it was the same thing.  We had a guest assistance pass which basically let us into  what they call the FastPass Queue and we managed to do most of the rides.  Ronnie and Emma loves them all and for Ronnie, the wilder the better.  My favorite ride was The Tower of Terror.  Scared the crap out of me but it was fun.

'til the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment