Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sore calves and shoulder anyone?

So yesterday my hubby and I went to our Wednesday yoga class.  It was the first time in a couple of weeks for me as we were at Disney and somehow didn't make for a week or two before we left. 

You know, I really do look forward to the yoga class but hate the skinny witch while I'm in it.  When I'm done, I usually feel like I've really accomplished something difficult.  And don't let anyone tell you yoga is some kind of Zen-like thing: its damn hard work.  Anyway, not long into the class we did our first downward facing dog (pose that makes you look like an upside down V) and my shoulder started to burn.  This is not the first time this has happened so today, I went on WebMD and self-diagnosed it as shoulder tendonitis:)  According to WebMD, I have to rest the shoulder and strengthen it using light weights.  Oh, and one of the backward poses while I was on my knees (can't remember what it is called) pulled both my calf muscles - they are really tight...  I guess for the next little while I'll have to keep to Zumba or the treadmill. 

Also today, I decided to join Weight Watchers.  My weight was what I thought it was but hoped it wouldn't be (and no I'm not going to tell you).  I think for me to be successful, I have to change how I perceive and choose my food.  Overall I don't think we eat badly, we just eat too much of it.  Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes.  Night off from the gym and didn't walk the dog 'cause my calves were freaking aching;)

'til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment