Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Zumba anyone?

So last night, I tried my very first Zumba class. It was absolutely crazy - people were dancing and yelling and getting very excited.  It was like being at a party.  It was a little wild.  I have to admit that I've never sweated so much in my life.  Did I like it?  You betcha (as Sarah Pallin was fond of saying).  It was alot of fun and there was a really good vibe to the class.  There were so many people and everyone was sweating; fat, skinny, young, old; it didn't seem to matter - everybody was sweating.  Will I go back again?  Just for the sweat factor, you betcha.  I felt like I sweated off about 10 lbs and was utterly exhausted by the end of it.

Tonight is yoga.  I hate downward facing dog... Yoga is one of these things that I look forward to but I hate it when I'm doing it.  When the class is finished I feel like I've accomplished something hard.  Weird... Actually yoga is very hard.  You are using your body as resistance and frankly, when you're no skinny minnie, that's not easy.

Anyway, survived day 3 of our new fitness routine but I have to admit I'm looking forwad to actually eating a meal tomorrow night.

'til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment