Thursday, July 28, 2011

How much does a pound of butter weigh, anyway?

So today was my first official 'post-joining' weigh-in at Weight Watchers and drum-roll please: -3.1 pounds.  Yup, I did say 3.1 pounds down.  I'm now only 6.9 pounds away from my first 5% goal (which tells you way more about my current weight than I really want to, but...).

I'm trying to figure out how I feel about that number: on one hand it's validatation for the work I have put into this during the past week and that the work has actually paid off; on the other hand, I'm a little disappointed.  Because of the work I put into it this week, I was sort of hoping for more.  It also feels a little disconnected.  Like its not really real?  So I'm thinking I'm going to be one of these weird people at the grocery store and pick up 3 pounds of butter and try to realize that this weight has been eliminated from my body.  Ewwww, that just sounds gross but you know what I mean.

We did go to the gym last night and rather than do yoga, I did the treadmill and some light weights.  I'm actually glad I didn't do the yoga - tells me how much I enjoy it:).  That's it for now.

'til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment