Saturday, July 23, 2011

Why track food?

So part of Weight Watchers is this food tracker thing where you have to write down everything you eat and it automatically calculates your remaining points.  I have 29 points per day and a weekly allowance of 49 extra points (which everyone has).  You can also track your activity and everytime you do something physical, you get points depending on the intensity.  Then you can trade your points for extra food points if you need it.

I kind of like the point value system.  It helps me to  evaluate what i want to eat within concrete parameters.  I have a limit which I have to aim to reach and not exceed.  It makes it easier for me to evaluate and choose my food.  Like today, I really want a hamburger.  So I've traded in a couple of activity points because I am over my limit (the burger is 8 points) and have decided not to have the glass of wine I wanted.  I'm over my target by 4 points but I have a crap load of activity points that I haven't touched and this barely skims the top of my extra weekly allowance of 49 points.

Anyway, I'm being very anal about it now 'cause its just the first week.  We'll see if I keep it up:)

I also went and did a Zumba class again today so I racked up even more activity points.  I even suggested to Emma that we go for a hike tomorrow... Wow, I wonder how long this motivation/intensity will last???

'til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment