Friday, July 29, 2011

Did I have a breakthrough?

So another day off from work and Emma and I went to the gym.  She did 20 minutes or so on the elliptical glider and I did 30 minutes on the treadmill.  But this is where I had my breakthrough.  After about 10 minutes of really quick walking, I put up the speed and managed to jog my way through one song.:); then I rested for about another 8 minutes or so and did it again!! Managed to jog my way through another song... I've never been able to do that.

In the past when I tried to work my way up to jogging, I managed to run for about 1 minute and then rest for a few; but I found it hard to pick up the pace and do it again.  That I was able to do it not once but twice today is huge.

Oddly enough, I think I'm happier about this than the 3 pounds I lost.  Maybe because its something I can qualify... I'm very proud of myself. 

'til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment