Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Seizures, Karate and Veggie Jumbalaya

So, one of the side effects of Angelman syndrome as seizures.  Ronnie has myoclonic epilepsy which is somewhat controlled by medication.  She seems to go through ups and downs and lately she is having more seizures; to the point that even her teacher is noticing.  Anyway, we've contacted her neurologist and we have an appointment in a couple of weeks to have her meds adjusted.  

Emma had karate last night and it was kind of funny: the sensei was teaching them self-defense holds and I almost put up my hand to ask "Is there a way to defend yourself against these holds?  I'm pretty sure she's going to be practicing some of them me".  but I didn't.  See, I can be mature!!!

I'm getting used to all the vegetarian food but sometimes I feel like I should start a minor revolution.  Veggie Jumbalaya - was okay except for the pieces of vege sausage... kinda nasty.  Sorry hon.

"til next time.

1 comment: