Friday, November 26, 2010

Big kids room?

So, I had a meeting today with Ronnie's social worker.  We've actually had the same social worker for several years now but this was the first time we ever met.  Not that we didn't try, but... I guess after the temper tantrum I had several weeks ago, they are trying to play nice.  I got to clear the air and let her know that my trust level is zip.  I suppose the good news is that it can only get better. 

We talked about alot of different things including a new bed for Ronnie.  For now she still fits in her cage (single-size hospital bed inside a crib-like enclosure) but eventually she'll figure out she can stand up in it; then we will really be up shit's creek.  I'm trying to debate if I like her ideas or not.  Our main concern is her safety and ensuring that everyone gets a good night's sleep.  A large part of their concern is that we don't 'trap' her in her room.  This was the reason they didn't want to give us the 'cage' bed in the first place. 

She is suggesting a low bed with a cushy mattress beside it in case she falls out.  Then we could put all these foam squares on the floor, bracket her bureau to the wall and lock the drawers.  If you put all kinds of cushions on the floor and even some bean bag chairs, it could end up looking more like a kids room than it does now with the gun-metal gray crib-cage.  Hhhhhmmmmmm, something to think about.

'til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment