Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Potter – the end of the saga


So, after all my moaning and groaning I finally got to go and see HP7 with Emma.  Her friend that bailed on Friday was supposed to come with us but, oh big surprise, she bailed again.  Oh, wait, it wasn’t her fault, her parents were not being very nice and since it took me 30 seconds before agreeing to take the girls, they made alternate plans and wouldn’t let her come with us.

I’d really like to be mature about this but I’m really annoyed on Emma’s behalf.  This was something the girls were both looking forward to (me as well if I’m being perfectly honest).  It’s not the first time her parents do this and it certainly won’t be the last, but I just have a hard time with understanding the rationale.  They are so insular that they seem to be having a hard time allowing her to be her own person.  Just allowing her out of their sight seems to be a problem sometimes.  The sad part is that this is now becoming a learned behavior for their daughter.  She is now doing the same thing and spends weeks where she just shuts everyone out. 

It’s funny – just writing that last sentence makes me wonder if there is a problem.  I wonder if she gets depressed or if it just a general shut down because she can’t be bothered to interact with anyone?   Hhhmmm… something to think about.

Anyhoo, HP7 was really good and it finally met the expectations.   As an added bonus I got to spend some time with my kiddo which was really fun. 
‘til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment