Thursday, November 18, 2010

Oh, that darn stubborn head of hers

So we've just found out that Emma has failed a geography exam.  Why?  Because she didn't study... Although I'm annoyed she failed, I think I'm more annoyed with the fact that she had all the tools at her disposal to do well and has refused to use them.  Then, when her refusal blows up on her, she just sits and cries and puts herself down.  And this goes for everything not just a geography test.

In this case, she had advance notice of this test by a couple of weeks and despite our nagging to crack open a book "my teacher said we didn't need to study anything" became the stock answer everytime we brought it up. 

Reasons she failed included: "I was sick the day she covered map reading" (may have been true but she was sick 2 months ago); "she gave us an exam on something we never covered" (read excuse #1); "I didn't understand" (try asking a freaking question!!!). 

This I find frustrating. Doesn't bring out the best in me.

'til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment