Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day camp planning

Tonight I have to go to a meeting for Veronica's day camp.  It is a not-for-profit community organization and I am the secretary on the Board of Directors.  The day camp is specifically for kids with disabilities AND most particularly for kids that cannot be integrated into their municipal day camp; or for kids whose parents choose not the integrate them into their municipal day camp.

I'm hoping the meeting doesn't last as long as last time - it went until almost 11:00pm... I was one tired duckling the next day.

Anyway, we are planning for the annual general meeting which is to take place in two weeks and I feel like I've done a crap load of work in preparation for it.  I revised all the registration forms (both english and french); prepared all the health information forms (again in english and french); revised the agenda, and put together to book of resolutions.  This doesn't include preparing the minutes of the last meeting and the agenda for tonight... Hopefully Karine will have prepared the financial statement.  It's the only thing she has to do but it seems to be right complicated; she has a difficult time understanding that we need up-to-date financial statements at every meeting including what has been cashed/deposited not just a balance.

Then there is the one lone guy on the committee.  He's very nice and seems to be quite knowledgable but somehow he escapes with nothing to do.  We need to organize a big ticket fundraiser and I've started looking into something I think is quite original; maybe we'll see if he can lead that facet.

Anyway, I hope the meeting goes well and that there are no surprises.  Will let you know.

'til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment