Friday, December 3, 2010

New wheels on life

So, I had a note from Ronnie's physical therapist yesterday.  They are in the midst of re-doing all of her evaluations for a revised EIP and apparently they are really putting her through her paces.  Anyway, they are suggesting getting bigger wheels for her wheelchair - so she can wheel herself around.

Yes, I did say bigger wheels so she can wheel herself around.... my brain almost exploded thinking about little Ronnie wheeling herself around the house and down the front stairs and into Emma's bedroom and then down the stairs to be basement.  Emma is deadset against it but that's because all she can see is Ronnie coming into her room whenever she wants; like a "regular" sister-thing she never had to deal with in the past.

I just see disaster after disaster... I have to put the brakes on the thoughts; it will take her quite some time before she can roll around the house under her own steam (so-to-speak).  In the meantime I guess her school is discovering that she is developing the skills needs to push the boundaries.  And so are we.

Good for her but scary for us.

 'til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment