Thursday, December 9, 2010

Adaptations

So we've finally made it through all the approval steps and are approaching the actual home adaptation work.  Tonight we have an appointment to choose what the bathroom will look like as well as the doors to the bathroom and Ronnie's bedroom.  I think we also get to choose paint colours.  At least I hope so.  We also get to choose a new vanity and toilet.  I'm thinking purple just to freak Emma out. :-)

At the same time we are going to try to change all the bedroom doors.  It would look kind of stupid to have two nice new doors and have all the others be this icky fake wood stuff they use to use 40 years ago.  We'll have to pay for them but as I said, it would be kind of stupid not to do so.

It is really interesting how the subsidy organizes things.  There doesn't seem to be any rationale about what is covered and what is not.  For example, a new back door is paid for but to raise/reinforce the deck that leads to the door is not covered...Tres weird...

This should be fun.  At least I hope it will be fun.  And I have a good idea of what I want. 

'til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment