Sunday, July 7, 2013

Uncle Fester and the mysterious laptop

Dear Uncle Fester,

It's Sunday evening and I'm staying up late because I can. Stupid right? I don't have to work tomorrow so despite how tired I feeloing to stay up late. I'm actually sort of watching a movie. I say sort of watching because I've now  watched the first hour but it seems to contain a lot of scenes of Halle Berry screaming and escaping from an asylum. Not very good and frankly there are only so many movies that can be saved by Robert Downey Jr.

Anyway Uncle Fester I thought I'd give you a run-down of our weekend. Nothing spectacular ; just the regular stuff. Brian and I did the groceries on Friday which allowed Emma and I to do some shopping on Saturday. On Sunday we went out to Hawkesbury for supper. First time taking the new car out for a drive that was longer than 15 minutes. I think everyone enjoyed the ride even Ronnie, especially  when she discovered she could reach me through the headrest. Every now and again I'd feel these little fingers tickling the back of my neck. It was very cute.

Anyway this is where the mysterious laptop fits in. Before he retired, it seems that Robert had bought himself a laptop thinking he would be working from home. Anyway it seems that he never really used it. In fact he admits he never really turned it on. Looks like he had some difficulty in setting it up so rather than have someone with know-how take a look he just put it aside. He made his granddaughter very happy by giving it to her. Emma was extremely happy. Now we just have to set it up which should be fairly straight forward.

Oh, lastly Ronnie is fully recovered from her dental procedures and Emma's babysitting was very successful. Looks like Marcy will be giving her call again during the summer. We are very proud of her.

That's it. Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment