Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy birthday Emma

Happy birthday to my little girl.  I can’t believe that she is 13 years old.  This post will be a sort of open letter to her on what can be a difficult birthday:

On this day, I want to reiterate something I said to you in the car this morning:  I am very proud of you and I am very proud to be your mother.  You are entering a stage of growth that is traditionally one of boundary stretching and rebellion and the discovery of who you are.  You also start to seriously think about what you want to do with your life and what you think your priorities will be.

What I want to tell you is this: you are a wonderful person with an incredible sense of humour.  We as your parents get to see and enjoy the “crazy girl” and when she comes out nothing can stop her.  You also gifted with a very wide dramatic streak.  Once you learn how to use it, you will feel as if you have more control of your emotions and will realize that it is okay to show joy and sadness without losing yourself completely.  Your friends and family love you for who you are.

You also have an innate talent for words.  You paint incredibly vivid pictures with them and whatever you choose as your future career I hope you will continue to choose your words with impeccable style and grace. 

Be proud of who you are; you are worthy.

I love you.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment