Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thank God for Babysitters

So Brian and I are going to an information session for Ronnie's trip to Disney tonight and I'm really looking forward to it.  It will be interesting to see how they have this set up.  I've looked online and was able to glean some information but it still remains a bit of a mystery to me.


Ronnie finger painting at daycamp
We've lined up a babysitter who will take care of Ronnie and Emma will be hopefully doing her homework despite the fact that she has no school tomorrow (I hope she'll be doing her homework); but this got me to thinking about what we did before babysitters came along - qualified ones for Ronnie.  It's really simple: we didn't do anything.  No date night, no "us" time, no escape (yes that is the right word) from the kids and home.  Oh, don't get me wrong; I love my kids but to get a break everyone once in a while is wonderfully refreshing.  And as much as the family wants to help, they have busy schedules.

In came Summer day camp.  Ronnie started to go about three years ago and it has been fabulous.  Not only does it allow us to have jobs (good idea all things considered), but the girls who work at the day camp are all studying special ed.  This gives them an opportunity for hands-on experience and it gave us a couple of really wonderful young ladies who do respite care for us. 

Best of all they really care about the girls.  Its really nice to know that I am leaving my girls in good hands..

'til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment