Sunday, August 22, 2010

High School jitters

So, here we are one week after my last post, and we are in the same situation again.  This is so not working for me!  This time it was about school and her period.  Weird combo I know but...

School: I'm not quite sure where, when or how, but Emma has decided that as the so-called smart kid she is not allowed to have too much fun.  Most of the kids she knew in elementary school that were popular where not very academic (according to her) and she had a really bad experience with them.  She was put down alot and because she was afraid to not have friends, she put up with it for a long time before she finally decided she had had enough.  She was cyber-bullied before grade 6 started and that pretty much put an end to her friendship with the idiots...Now, I am very proud that she made the decision to cut ties with these particular people but it has left her with a coloured perception.  Rather than get to know people she has just decided that people suck and are therefore not worth knowing.  She had a math test to take for high school and she said she was looking at people and has already decided who the cool kids are, who the geeks are.... I am so worried that she will have a horrible experience and it will be her fault completely!!!! High School is tough enough with friends; I can't imagine what it would be like without... 

Ugh... this is such a negative post and I'm really not a negative person... I just hope she learns to give people a chance.  She is so busy trying to be who she thinks people think she is that she has no idea who she is.  (can you figure it out?:):):)

Period: one extended sentence should explain it: "I have cramps";" take an Advil"; "no it is a drug, I'll just deal with the pain"; "fine then, suffer but don't take it out on the rest of us..."; "but I don't feel well..."  Over and over and over...

Was I this stubborn as a kid???

Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment